Q2 2017 passed by quickly with a couple of major events at work and family, which I will share when things get settled down.
In spite of a challenging schedule, a new goal tracking app, Strides, helped me track the progress of goals easily and keep on track of completing those. Even I added a few new goals for the rest of the year.
- Running 200 miles (50%) – I ran 42 miles in Q2, and 100 miles so far.
- Reading 24 books (63%) – I read 6 books in Q2, and 15 books so far.
- Ghost in the Wires – About the legendary hacker, Kevin Mitnick. Very entertaining. 👍
- How Google Works – Insider stories of Google by Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg. No surprises.
- Born a Crime – Hilarious yet inspiring and heartwarming personal stories by Trevor Noah. Strongly recommended. 👍
- The Black Swan – It emphasizes the impact of rare events, which are often ignored by traditional forecasting
- Origins – Fourteen billion years of history of the Universe. 👍
- How to Publish Your Book – Practical guides to publish a book. 👍
- Winning 1 competition – In Q2, I managed to participate in only one, the Quora Question Pair competition. My team finished 36th out of 3,307 teams.
- Reading the Bible ✅
- Writing a book on Kaggle (new)
Weekly Goals (new)
- Reading 1 paper (new)
- Writing 1 blog post (new)
- Writing 5 pages of the Kaggle book (new)
- 20 pull-ups – 65% success with the average of 18.4 / day
- 100 push-ups – 52% success with the average of 72.6 / day
- 2 prayers – 5% success
- QT – 45% success
- Writing 1 article of any kinds (new)