- Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. – Matthew 11:29
- But when they deliever you up, do not become anxious about how or what you will speak; for it shall be given you in that hour what you are to speak. – Matthew 10:19
- You have no need for anyone to teach you … His anointing teaches you. – 1 John 2:27
- If you yourself do not know, … go forth on the trail of the flock, and pasture your young goats by the tents of the shepherds – Song of Solomon 1:8
- But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. – James 1:5
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction. – Proverbs 1:7
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. – Proverb 3:5-6
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ … But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:31,33)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6,7)
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- We have discussed it
very much-> We have discussed it at length
season begins now-> Midterms are starting/beginning.
- Lately I
got excited by(: sexual connotation! cf. I was so excited: fine) learning tennis. -> I am into learning tennis. At(:no proposition) the first time, I tried tennis, I liked it.
- Cell-member : Only if your audience is familiar with church cells. Otherwise, it means a mate met in prison.
- He taught me
man-to-man(: only when talking about personal or sports, but not teaching.) -> He taught me one-on-one.
- The ball had spin. or I spun the ball.
- Usually when I
called tocustomer service, -> call customer service, Atthe first time, -> The first time,
- He doesn’t want to
do that(don’t need a D.O.) ->want to
is no tall building(are no tall buildings) in LA. How many dayswill the conference be held for?-> How long will the conference last?
has trouble to communicatewith his roommate -> has trouble communicating with
It’s really not that easy. -_-;;
- When I started to
play (for children, sports or joking/playful) -> relax/ have fun/ socialize
- It happens
too-> It still happens (better)
- A place
to which to travel(writting or very formal speaking) -> A place to travel to (speaking casually)
- Nothing particular is going on -> Nothing ‘in’ particular …
- DMV -> the DMV
- Hi, Natalie,
this isJeong. – this is: usually for live conversation. For phone message, it’s better to use ‘It’s’ Jeong. Nowadays, I have a friend from Korea here in Los Angeles. – nowadays: habitual -> lately or these days
- helping him to settle
down– settle down : figurative (settle down into a permanent home) -> settle in : temporary or in a particular home
wecannot meet today – We : command -> I cannot meet today or It would be hard to meet today.
- My phone number
hardto seeyou. – = The person is ugly. -> It has been difficult to meet up with you. Purse– for woman -> wallet or bag. cf. murse : purse for man
aboutthat -> considering doing that
- applying a graduate program -> applying to a graduate program
- The semester before last semester -> 2 semesters ago
It’s LG Flatron 19″ L1910S.
I bought it by $120 from Radiokorea (LA Korean internet community)
As I remembered, at the first time, it was more than $1,000 in 2004.
As time goes by, the price of electronics always gets lower and lower even though its better performance.
That might be the reason why engineers work hard, and also why I never buy the stock of electronics manufacturing companies.
Anyway, Meredith looks more beautiful on this monitor. 🙂
Next week, I have two final project dues for the classes and two presentations at the lab meetings.
I have absolutely no idea how to handle all of these.
I already spent three days to do one of the project, and couldn’t finish it. 🙁
Somebody, help me!
At the GMI thanksgiving dinner party for international students.
Dinner was great! I should have taken pictures of dessert, too.
For turkey itself, however, I didn’t like it. 🙁
Seongjin, Younghwan, and Chulsung
He was the only ‘available’ guy in our table. 🙂
Today, I attended the GMI dinner party for international students. As last year, dinner and dessert were great. But I really didn’t like turkey. I don’t understand why such a tasteless meat like this could be a main dish for the biggest national holiday. ㅡㅠㅡ;